October 27, 2021 – 9:00 a.m.
Texas Health and Human Services Commission, John H. Winters Building, Public Hearing Room 125, first floor
701 West 51st Street
Austin, Emission 78751
This meeting will be webcast. Members of the public can attend the meeting in person at the above address or access a live broadcast of the meeting at https://texashhsmeetings.org/HHSWebcast. Select the tab for the Winters Live Public Courtroom on the date and time for that meeting. Please send an email to [email protected] if you have any problem with the webcast feature.
This meeting will also take place by videoconference in accordance with the requirements of article 551.127 of the Government Code. The Committee member chairing the meeting will be physically present at the location specified above.
Participants wishing to provide public comment should see the Public comment section below.
- Welcome, opening remarks and presentations
- Review of July 21, 2021 meeting minutes (vote required)
- Presentation: All Texas Access
- Presentation: Update on HHSC Prison Diversion Initiatives
- Presentation: Update on the extension of the Medicaid 1115 Waiver program
- Presentation: Update on HHSC Behavioral Health Matchmaking Grants
- Sub-committee update
- Presentation of the members
- Roundtable: Member Updates
- Public comment
- Review of actions and agenda items for the next meeting and closing remarks
Public comment: The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) welcomes public comments on the above topics. Members of the public who wish to provide public comment can choose from the following options:
- Oral comments provided virtually: Members of the public should register in advance to provide oral comments virtually during the meeting by completing a public comment registration form at https://texashhsmeetings.org/SBHCC_PCReg-Oct2021 no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday, October 25, 2021. Please tick the correct box on the public comment registration form and provide your name, either the organization you represent or speak to as a private citizen, and your direct phone number. If you have completed the public comment sign-up form, you will receive an email the day before the meeting with instructions for providing virtual public comments. Public comments are limited to three minutes. Each speaker providing oral public comment virtually must ensure that their face is visible and their voice is audible to other participants as they speak. Each speaker must indicate their name and on whose behalf they are speaking (if applicable). If you pre-register to speak and would like to provide a paper prior to the meeting, please submit an electronic copy in an accessible PDF format to be distributed by HHS staff to SBHCC members and government staff. Documents are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5 “by 11”, single side). Documents should be emailed to [email protected] immediately after pre-registration, but no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday, October 25, 2021, and include the name of the person commenting. Do not include health information or other confidential information in your comments or documents. Staff will not read documents aloud during the meeting, but documents will be provided to SBHCC members and government staff.
- Written comments: Members of the public can provide written public comments by completing a public comment registration form at https://texashhsmeetings.org/SBHCC_PCReg-Oct2021. A member of the public who wishes to provide written public comments should email the comments to [email protected] no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday, October 25, 2021. Please include your name and the organization you represent or that you speak as a private citizen. Written comments should be emailed to HHSC immediately after pre-registration and include the name of the person who will comment. Written comments are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5 “by 11”, one side only). Do not include health information or other confidential information in your comments. Written comments will not be read aloud during the meeting by staff, but comments will be provided to SBHCC members and Crown staff.
- Oral comments provided in person at the meeting location: Members of the public can provide oral public comments during the in-person meeting at the meeting venue either by pre-registering using the form above, or without pre-registering by completing a form at the meeting location. entrance to the meeting room. Do not include health information or other confidential information in your comments.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of HHSC.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content or meeting arrangements should be directed to Erica Haller-Stevenson, SBHCC Liaison, Office of Mental Health Coordination, 512-517-6147, or MentalHealth_SBHCC @ hhsc. state.tx.us.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required and there is no charge to attend this meeting.
Those wishing to attend the meeting and in need of technology or support services should call 512-517-6147 or email [email protected] at least 72 hours prior to the meeting. meeting so that the appropriate arrangements can be made.