- This weekend’s Barron cover story explores the extent of the impact bottlenecks and supply chain shortages have on holiday sales.
- Other featured articles explain how to play the global energy crisis and which dividend-paying stocks offer some protection against inflation.
- Also see the prospects for a sloppy EV game, a rebound in steel inventories and airlines as the pandemic abates.
Cover story “Will shortages spoil the holidays? What would you like to know“by Jack Hough argues that large chain stores like Walmart Inc (NYSE: WMT) are facing bottlenecks, which means the sales outlook for the holidays is looking brighter. This is good news for people like Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HA) and Nike Inc (NYSE: NKE)?
In “There is a global energy crisis. Here’s how to play it“, Avi Salzman suggests that investors looking to expose themselves to soaring prices for natural gas and other fuel sources might consider Marathon Oil Company (NYSE: MRO), Royal Dutch Shell plc (NYSE: RDS-A). Find out what other energy actions, according to Barron’s, are worth considering now.
Al Root’s “An electric vehicle game that is stuck in neutral“points out that the heavy truck components of Meritor Inc (NYSE: MTOR) have a bright future in electric vehicles, but investors have yet to give this Rockwell International spin-off the credit it deserves. Find out what Barron’s thinks is the next step for the Michigan-based company.
Steel companies are benefiting from soaring demand and prices, and the future looks bright, says “The steel industry is undergoing a renaissance. 5 stocks that could shine“by Andrew Bary. Yet, the article says, stocks remain among the cheapest on Wall Street. Cleveland Cliffs Inc (NYSE: CLF) or United States Steel Company (NYSE: X) a good deal?
See also: Benzinga Bulls and Bears of the Week: Apple, Boeing, Moderna, Robinhood, etc.
At Jack Hough “Airlines can benefit from a boost for business travel. Buy stocks, but don’t hold them for long“Find out why, even as airlines leave COVID-19 behind, all of the old industry issues remain. The investor should keep this in mind as bookings for carriers like Company JetBlue Airways (NASDAQ: JLBU) are on the rise and business travelers may in fact return.
“Try These Dividend Stocks For Some Inflation Protection“by Lawrence C. Strauss presents two financial professionals who discuss why Citigroup Inc (NYSE: C), Coca-Cola Co (NYSE: KO), ConocoPhillips (NYSE: COP) and others could be good investments as inflation accelerates. Which offer the best protection against rising prices?
Also in this week’s Barron’s:
- How to protect your wallet without breaking the bank
- The role of insurers in stimulating cybercrime
- Why taxes trump stimulus on the stock market
- How Washington’s rush is weighing on investor sentiment
- Why Jerome Powell could be at the Federal Reserve
- Why a default would be devastating at home and abroad
- How much cryptocurrency to hold in an investment portfolio
- Preparing for China’s next bull market
At the time of this writing, the author has no position in the mentioned stocks.
Keep up to date with all the latest trading news and ideas by following Benzinga on Twitter.
© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.