Correctional officer charged after trying to enter facility with contraband
At around 7:45 p.m. on Thursday, February 17, 2022, officers attached to the Dennery police station received an investigation report from officers from the Bordelaise Correctional Institution.
Upon arrival, officers were informed that a correctional officer had been detained for being in possession of a controlled substance, along with other contraband items, including a cell phone device, at the facility.
An investigation was opened and the officer was subsequently charged as set out below.
Allius Lubin of Grande Rivière, Dennery, the officer in question has been released on bail and is currently awaiting the management of his file.
The charges against the officer include:
(1) Possession of a controlled drug, namely: cannabis
(2) Intent to Supply Cannabis
(3) Possession of a controlled drug, namely: cannabis resin
(4) Attempt to introduce prohibited articles into the Bordeaux Correctional Institution.
The defendant was released on bail for:
(1) attempt to smuggle prohibited items, for the sum of $5,000.00 in cash, proper bond or land documents.
(2) intent to provide a controlled drug, for the sum of $1,000.00 in cash, appropriate bond or land documents.
(3) controlled drug possession, namely: cannabis, $500.00 cash, appropriate bond or land documents.
(4) possession of a controlled drug, namely: cannabis resin, $500.00 cash, appropriate bond or land documents.
The accused was released on bail with reporting conditions as well as travel restrictions.